Vehicle Lift Mechanic Jobs in New Carrollton MD Apply for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Jobs check Salary, Required Skills
WMATA Gov Jobs, Vehicle Lift Mechanic AA Gov Jobs, New Carrollton MD Gov Jobs, This Job Opening Being Used To Fill Current And Future Vacant Positions In This Classification At Various Shifts, Locations And Assigned Days Off.
The Vehicle Lift mechanic performs installation, maintenance, and repair tasks on vehicle lifting and hoisting equipment such as fixed in-ground lifts and parallel and portable lifts. In addition, the incumbent performs installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, drive and power systems.
Job Levels: At each successive grade level of this job (i.e. Grades D, C, B, A, and AA), the incumbent is expected to demonstrate increased, distinguishing levels of proficiency and efficiency in knowledge, skills, and abilities when performing the assigned duties and essential functions described in this job description
“AA Lead” Level: In addition to independently performing the most complex aspects of the duties and essential functions described, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring work responsibilities of a group or team are properly completed in a timely manner and acts in the absence of the supervisor as required.
Vehicle Lift Mechanic Jobs in New Carrollton Jobs Details
|Outreach Notice||Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority|
|Job Title||Vehicle Lift Mechanic AA|
|Jobs Location||MD – New Carrollton Rail Facil|
Minimum Qualifications – Vehicle Lift Mechanic Jobs in New Carrollton
- High school diploma or possession of a general equivalency diploma (GED), and satisfactory completion of an acceptable vocational school and/or training program in vehicle lift systems (mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, power and drive
- Level AA
- Six (6) years of experience working with and maintaining vehicle lift equipment, to include troubleshooting and repair or performed satisfactorily the duties of a Vehicle Lift Mechanic A for one (1) year
- A valid District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia motor vehicle operator’s permit issued from jurisdiction of residence
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Mission Essential Designation:
- In accordance with the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority’s Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) this job has been identified as critical to mission essential functions. Incumbents in this role may be required to report to or continue to work in the event of authorized office closings or service suspensions due to severe weather, natural disaster, fire, operational emergencies or related events.
- Performs assignments according to established industry and Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) safety practices and maintenance guidelines. Ensures that work is performed safely, and industry best practices are implemented.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and power systems tasks on in ground and portable vehicle lifts, and troubleshoots, repairs and calibrates associated components, in compliance with WMATA and industry best practices.
- Makes major adjustments to functional components, devices and control systems, and performs preventive maintenance inspections in compliance with approved schedules.
- Ensures work is accomplished in a timely manner and reviews completed work to check that the supervisor’s instructions have been met.
- Performs preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on several types of vehicle lifts, including Asset Liability Management (ALM), KONI, MOD 30, Parallelogram, Rotary SPO 18, SEFAC, SL212, Stertil-KONI Wireless, Stertil-KONI, Weaver lifts, and portable lifts, ensuring equipment and mechanical devices are maintained according to manufacturers’ and the Authority’s standards.
- Opens electronic failure service reports, updates appropriate maintenance databases and programs, complete the required forms, tags, and other documentation that describes maintenance work completed, and enters data into computer records. Prepares parts requisitions for the supervisor’s approval.
- Supports emergency response by providing immediate maintenance to protect assets. Responds to and provides assistance during severe weather emergencies. Ensures safety requirements are met or exceeded.
- Attends and passes the required safety training classes and continuously learns industry best practices for working safely and efficiently.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
- Assists with installation, replacement, relocation and setup of vehicle lifts and associated components and fixtures. Repairs and overhauls defective components operates devices to test performance; lubricates and cleans components and equipment, ensuring quality work is performed.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety-sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.
Important Link – Vehicle Lift Mechanic Jobs in New Carrollton
|Official Notification and Application Form||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Important Date – Vehicle Lift Mechanic Jobs in New Carrollton
|State Application Form||–|
|Last Date for the Application form||–|