Senior Travel Consultant Job Description
Senior travel advisors design travel arrangements and itineraries for important clients and VIP clients. Travel agencies employ senior travel consultants to work in all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. These professionals work in an office environment and must figure out how to operate independently, although they ultimately report to the department manager or business owner. While these consultants manage all aspects of travel for clients, the job itself does not require any travel.
Senior Travel Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
Daily job duties for senior travel consultants vary depending on the services provided by the client and the hiring company. However, most senior travel consultants perform these core functions:
Design Travel Itineraries
Senior travel advisors design the entire itinerary for customers including entertainment, restaurant and attraction tips.
Make Travel Arrangements
The Senior Travel Advisor arranges and confirms all travel, including hotel room stays and plane tickets.
Senior travel advisors point out the differences between consulting clients and available options on their various travel options.
Maintain Existing Client Relationships
Senior travel advisors maintain customer relationships and solve problems to keep customers happy.
Provide Extra Services
Senior travel advisor packages add additional services to the package and provide customers with facilities such as hotel upgrades and coupons.
Monitor Airline Flights
Senior travel advisors monitor airline flights, while routes are meant to let customers know about delays and any other problems.
Provide Car Services
Senior travel advisors help clients and airlines verify car rental and car services and get to and from the event.
Research Industry Developments
Senior travel advisors keep up to date on airport regulations and other considerations, such as travel warnings and visitor guidelines of the country.
Senior travel advisors answer the phone and wish customers in the office.
Senior travel advisors train junior travel advisors on all aspects of creating travel arrangements and satisfying customers.
Senior Travel Consultant Skills and Qualifications
Senior travel advisors are professionals who maintain a favourable attitude and create an efficient plan that meets all the travel needs of the client. The companies have senior travel advisors who have the following skills:
- Customer service – because senior travel consultants have a client-focused job, excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Salesmanship – senior travel consultants use sales skills to sell extra services and amenities to clients
- Communication skills – senior travel consultants use strong verbal communication skills to clearly relay information to clients and counsel them on all their travel options.
- Problem-solving skills – senior travel consultants use creative problem-solving abilities to fix potential travel and scheduling issues as soon as they occur.
- Familiarity with international travel – senior travel consultants must have a working knowledge of world geography and the basics of traveling to foreign countries, such as currency exchange rates, spoken languages, and important social norms.
- Organization skills – senior travel consultants must be well-organized and detail-oriented to successfully manage travel plans and schedules.
- Research skills – senior travel consultants use top-notch research skills to find hotel rooms, book airline arrangements and learn about travel destinations.
- Computer skills – senior travel consultants need good computer and internet skills to work with various web applications, make online travel bookings, and conduct research.
Senior Travel Consultant Education and Training
The Senior Travel Advisor must have a high school diploma or equivalent, but many employers prefer candidates with industry-specific training or education. Senior travel advisors who have a travel and tourism certificate or college degree in hospitality will stand out among other job applicants. Previous work experience in the travel industry may be substituted for formal education.
Companies offer senior travel advisors a brief orientation or training period so that they can become familiar with company programs, VIP clients, and preferred vendors. This orientation period varies by company.
Senior Travel Consultant Salary and Outlook
Job data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show that travel agents earn $ 36,460 as the average annual salary. Travel agents perform precise job duties as travel advisors, and the two titles are interchangeable. The data shows that there were more than 80,000 jobs for travel agents in 2016, but that number is projected to drop 12 percent through 2026.
Senior travel advisors typically receive healthcare that includes vision and dental insurance as part of their standard benefits package. Employers also provide paid holidays and sick days, and often offer hotel discounts and other travel-related facilities.
Find career opportunities, networking events, professional communities, strategies, and tips for senior travel consultants with these resources:
American Society of Travel Agents – this website provides education and career resources for travel consultants, as well as an events calendar of upcoming networking opportunities
The Travel Agent’s Complete Desk Reference – use this desk reference to find valuable research resources and essential information that travel consultants use regularly
National Association of Career Travel Agents – designed for professional travel consultants, this website contains industry event information, articles, and membership benefits
365 Marketing Strategies for Travel Agents: Travel Professionals Share Their Marketing Secrets – read this book to learn marketing strategies and tips from actual travel agents to sell services to clients more successfully
More Latest Notification 2022-2023
|Indian Army Rally Bharti|
|➤ Indian Army Recruitment||➤ Army Medical Job Bharti|
|➤ Army Public School Jobs||➤ ARO Army Bharti Rally|
|➤ GRD Army Bharti Rally||➤ HQ Army Bharti Rally|
|➤ IRO Army Bharti Rally||➤ TA Army Rally Bharti|