Police Officer, GS 7/8/9 (All US Citizens) (Security Division) The FBI is looking for Police Officers who want to apply their skills to the world’s premier law enforcement agency.
Who May Apply Job Title:
In fact, we are seeking qualified candidates from a variety of personal backgrounds and professional disciplines who are committed to combating crime and terrorism while protecting the American public. All eligible candidates within the United States and its territories may apply.
The term will be used to fill a number of vacancies in Washington, D.C., Quantico, VA, Clarksburg, WV, and New York, NY.
Your application will be active until you are notified or you withdraw.
Questions related to this posting should be addressed to R. On Mintz. Job Summary The mission of the FBI is to protect the American people and to uphold the Constitution of the United States.
About Us FBI police officers protect public safety by maintaining orders, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
You will monitor, report, and investigate suspicious individuals and situations, as well as unusual or illegal activity in security hazards and patrolled areas.
You will identify, pursue, and arrest suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts. Criminal background about you, your background, or interest in law enforcement or security operations.
You are interested in starting a career with the FBI and gaining professional experience in protective work at America’s premier law enforcement agency.
You have the experience or desire to protect and secure people and real property. If you are a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in any field of study seeking federal employment or a protective security professional for career progression, this may be the opportunity for you.
We welcome retired law enforcement officers to re-enter the workforce as FBI police officers. As an FBI police officer, you will play an important role in securing the FBI and surrounding areas.
FBI police officers provide service in their duty stations and travel to assist in times of crisis if necessary.
Latest More Notification:-
- University Admit Card – Download
- University Exam Time Table – Download
- Latest Exam Result Check Here
- Latest Govt Jobs Notification
USA Police Officer Jobs Recruitment – Vacancy Detail:
|Organization||Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)|
|Name of Vacancy||Police Officer|
|Job Category||Current Jobs|
|Jobs Location||Washington, D.C., Quantico, VA, Clarksburg, WV and New York, NY.|
Jobs Vacancy Details – USA Police Officer Jobs Recruitment
|Salary & Benefits GS-7:|
|$52,594.00 – $68,368.00 GS-8|
|$56,182.00 – $73,036.00 GS-9|
|$59,771.00 – $77,704.00|
|(SALARY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF ASSIGNED OUTSIDE OF THE DC METROPOLITAN AREA) The FBI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation; sick leave; holidays; telework; life insurance; health benefits; and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.|
|This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to federal employees: http: www.opm.gov / insure / new employment/ index.asp Key Requirements.|
Latest Govt Jobs Notification:-
|✍ Note – Cantonment Board Pachmarhi Jobs Vacancy Students waiting for can check their recruitment information here. If you want to ask anything related to recruitment, then you can ask the comment box below, our team will help you fully.
Qualification – USA Police Officer Jobs Recruitment
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- The police officer selection system (POSS) should be able to participate and pass the written examination and panel interview. The applicant will be responsible for all travel expenses associated with travel to and from the testing location.
- US government should be able to pass the physical examination.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in the use of a firearm and various other weapon systems.
- Must be able to get top-secret clearance.
- Selectors will be required to complete the Financial Disclosure Form.
- Must attend and complete training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, GA. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
- The FBI must abide by the service agreement beginning on the effective date of his appointment as a police officer.
- Be prepared to work as Chief Police Officer on nights/ weekends/ holidays (main task):
- Provide public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
- Monitoring, attention, report, and investigation of suspicious persons and situations, security threats and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
- Identify, pursue, and arrest suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts.
- To find out the cause of traffic accidents and other accidents and to determine if a crime has occurred.
- Record the facts to prepare a report of documentation of events and activities.
- Check for proper identification of pedestrian and vehicular movement before entering safe locations at fixed locations.
- Provide screening of vehicles to detect explosive devices.
- The response of people to various types of alarm situations, the security and safety of information and materials, and those affecting national security and defense, and protects people and their civil rights from a variety of dangerous and hostile situations.
For more information regarding the FBI Police Officer position, please review FBI Police Officers: An Inside Look. Location The FBI Police are located in Washington D.C., Quantico, VA, Clarksburg, WV, and New York City, NY. Currently, most vacancies are in the Washington, D.C. location. The FBI will make final placements based on the best possible match for the needs of the FBI Police Unit.
You will rank all four locations in order of preference when you attend the POSS test. Qualifications and Evaluations To qualify for a GS-7: Applicants must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 grade level. SE is defined as:
- Independently performing routine, recurring kinds of fixed post and patrol assignments to include: commonly accepted installation traffic laws and rules;
regulating access to Federal buildings and conduct of visitors and employees.
- Have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree in any field. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirement if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university.
To qualify for a GS-8, applicants must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 grade level.
SE (in addition to the above) is defined as :
- Experience in the safe and effective use of a variety of firearms and weapons.
- Experience in utilizing protective devices, methods and procedures involving the utilization of CCTV, radios, alarm terminals, security monitors and Security Access System.
To qualify for a GS-9, applicants must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-8 grade level.
SE (in addition to the above) is defined as :
- Experience in the knowledge of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques, and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property.
- Recognizing lethal devices and suspicious activities to institute counter-measures to reduce or eliminate harm and hazard to personnel, visitors, property, and materials.
- Experience in writing incident and investigative reports and issue citations.
Successful completion of a Federal, State, county, or municipal police academy or comparable training course that included at least 40 classroom hours of instruction in police department procedures and methods, and local law and regulation, may be substituted for a maximum of 3 months of specialized experience or 6 months of general experience.
When completing the online questionnaire, you will be asked a series of questions related to the competencies listed below: Communication – Concentration & Vigilance – Problem Solving / Judgment In addition to answering the questionnaire, please ensure that we can see some evidence of the required experience in your resume.
In most cases, when you describe your work, school, or volunteer experience, you will give an example of the kind of tasks you handled, the experience you had, or the problem(s) you solved.
If you are deemed qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire.
If you rate yourself higher in the questionnaire than what is supported by your application materials and items listed in your resume, you may be excluded from consideration for the FBI Police position.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI’s Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire.
High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/ or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
If you are deemed Most Competitive, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. How to Apply For detailed instructions related to applying, uploading documents, withdrawing an application, or updating your application, please review instructions on How to Apply.
You must complete this application process and submit all required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this announcement.
If applying online is a hardship, please use the contact information listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.
Required Documents The required documents include :
1. A resume (noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates)
2. A complete online assessment questionnaire
3. College transcript(s) (if qualifying based on education)
4. Certificate of Completion of Federal or Municipal Police Academy (if applicable) For current or former federal employees :
- Notification of your most recent Personnel Action, SF-50 (showing current grade level and salary).
- Most recent Performance Appraisal (if available).
How to Apply Application Form – USA Police Officer Jobs Recruitment
- For detailed instructions related to applying, uploading documents, withdrawing an application or updating your application, please review instructions on How to Apply.
Important Link – USA Police Officer Jobs Recruitment
||Apply Here Online|